Drew and James talk about the past week, and mention the new events for the week of December 7th. The second part of the show is an interview with Chris Nicola, Co-founder & CTO of WealthBar, as well as a co-organizer of the Polyglot Vancouver events.
On this episode, we talk to Chris Nicola. Chris is the co-founder and CTO of WealthBar, a service for personalized investments, financial planning, and portfolio consultations. He talks about growing up in Vancouver, some of the companies he has worked for, as well as what it is like building a company in the financial industry.
- Chris Nicola (Twitter, Github)
- Polyglot Vancouver
- Vancouver Learns to Code
- Open Coffee
- Vancouver’s Dev Book Club (Talk about Working Effectively with Legacy Code)
- Fireside Chat w/ Chris Neumann, Chief Product Officer and Founder of DataHero. Event Tickets.
- Speaker Series | Paysavvy
- DevFest (Google Cloud Technologies). Ticketed Event.
- Hour of Code and Code.org
- YVR Dev Slack
- YVR Dev Slack Invite Page
We welcome feedback for the show. We are still in the early stages of getting things together. If you have any ideas, or would like to hear a specific topic or specific person, or maybe you have an event/business you want to plug, please get in touch!
Music by Jonatan Liljedahl.