Drew and James discuss some resolutions and predictions for 2016, as well as the upcoming events for the week of January 11th.
The second part of the show is an interview with [Angela Bortolussi][https://twitter.com/ABortolusssi], a recruiter for Recruiting Social. Angela talks about how she got started, and where she is now. We talk a lot about how recruiting works, what makes a good/bad recruiter, how they get paid, what you need to know when looking for a recruiter. We also touch on the state of California vs. Vancouver/BC in terms of jobs and opportunities.
- Angela Bortolussi (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Recruiting Social
- Recruiting Social Notable Awards
- Lunch & Learn | Angela Bortolussi, Recruiting Social Tuesday, January 19th @ 12:00 PM
- VanQ DevOps: Find Solutions, Not More Defects
- Vancouver Spark Meetup: New Functions and Workflow Examples with Spark DataFrames
- Open Coffee
- Vancouver Clojure Hacknight
- Functional Programmers
- Tech Career Network: Amazon AWS Hiring Event in Vancouver
- Docker Vancouver
- TechStarters Mentor Night
- Founder's Story: Jerome Ng, Co-Founder and CEO of VenueSpot
- GoLang Van Gopher Gala - distributed hackathon!
- YVR Dev Slack
- YVR Dev Slack Invite Page
We welcome feedback for the show. We are still in the early stages of getting things together. If you have any ideas, or would like to hear a specific topic or specific person, or maybe you have an event/business you want to plug, please get in touch!
Music by Jonatan Liljedahl.