Drew and James open the show with a discussion about "beer o'clock", and whether that is inclusive, exclusive, and how to fix it. The guest this week is Jesse Calderon from Tableau Software. The interview starts at 0:19:04.
When Jesse Calderon moved to Vancouver, he was only planning on staying for a couple of years, but it's been seven years now, and he is showing no sign of leaving. About a year ago, Jesse joined Tableau as the Senior Director of Engineering.
Tableau has a fantastic product as well as an enviable culture. If you are interested in open data, data visualization, or you are scoping out some exciting companies to work at, check out this episode!
Meetups for the week of July 4th
- Git and 0-Tech (Decentral Vancouver 436 West Pender Street) 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Genr8 Tech Group (The Edge, 412 - 289 Alexander St) 7:00 PM to 9:15 PM
- Open Coffee (Nelson the Seagull 315 Carrall Street) 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
- Polyglot Vancouver (St Regis 608 Dunsmuir St) 6:00 PM
- PUG (CodeCore 142 W Hastings St) 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Clojure (142 W Hastings) 6:00 PM
- Linux Desktop (Decentral) 4:30 to 6:30 PM
- Pluralsight Study Group (PNI Digital Media Offices 100 - 425 Carrall Street, 1st Floor) 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Data Science Reading Group (SFU VentureLabs Harbour Centre 555 W Hastings St #1200) 6:00 PM
- Brainstation Vancouver (BrainStation Vancouver 1110 Hamilton Street #410) 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Vancouver Haskell (Unbounce World Headquarters 400-401 West Georgia Street) 6:30 PM
- DDD/CQRS/ES Practitioners (Decentral Vancouver 436 West Pender Street) 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM